Wednesday, March 2, 2011

in the driver's seat

Dear Madeline,

As I flashed across the web for information on kicking your cancer's sorry tail from here to outer space, I stumbled upon an article about survirors and entreprenuership.

"Those who survive a significant health scare are given the gifts of perspective and enlightenment. Many learn that life can be fleeting, so rather than procrastinate on entrepreneurial dreams, they jump in....'The cancer, in particular, solidified for me that life is really short and to do things that make you happy in your work.... Working for someone else wasn't going to do it anymore.'"
You know, you're only 7 months old but already I recognize so much of this "be your own boss" mentality in you.  I can't wait to learn where you want to steer your life (I know you'll be at the wheel) and to be along to help you on the journey.

Love,
   Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment