Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Madeline...Tower of Strength

Dearest Maddie,
When I entered your hospital room yesterday you were smiling and enjoying some quiet time with your Mommy & Daddy.

Your smiles, gurgles, babbles, and beauty was a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day. Your angelic smile could illuminate a dark, dank cave. God used your smile to reassure us that HE is in control and you will be fine!

Did you know Madeline means Tower of Strength? Your Mommy & Daddy were inspired to give you this name before you were born. You wasted no time at all. Here you are just a few short months after you entered this world and you're demonstrating that you're really strong!


Did you know you have a patron saint? You do! Her name is Saint Madeline, she lived in the 1800's and did great things. St. Madeline is best known for opening more than 100 schools in 12 countries. The schools were operated by the Society of the Sacred Heart, which she founded. God has already done great things in and through you. HE is preparing you to do even more great things. I can hardly wait to see HIS plan for you!

Maddie, music speaks to me in a profound way. Here's one of my favorites songs. Okay, I have lots of favorites, but this one is very special. It reminds me that we belong to God and HE loves us more than we can imagine. The song will be familiar to you, it's one of the many I've been singing to you in the hospital.

I love you, precious Madeline!

No comments:

Post a Comment