Friday, March 11, 2011

Hakuna Matata

Dear Precious Madeline,
Today was a busy day! First of all, you celebrated your 8 month old birthday, Happy Birthday! Next, you had your 1st dose of Chemotherapy, just hours later you endured Radiation. These therapies are important so you can get better. You see, Maddie, just 2 weeks ago the world's very best doctors at Johns Hopkins Hospital discovered you were very sick. Only 2 weeks ago? It seems like an eternity doesn't it?
Even though you're sick, you're going to be "A OK!", just fine! God is healing you, watching over you, and protecting you, even in these scary times.
I loved kissing your soft hair and rocking you as we cuddled during your naps today. I cherish these times. In a small way, it's almost like I can offer safe harbor-as if I could protect you for just a few minutes from all that's bombarding you. How I wish I
could spare you this sickness! Everyone in our family feels the same way.
God chooses strong people to carry heavy loads - boy are you ever strong!! So are your Mommy & Daddy, and Josie.
As you sleep tonight, remember you're in God's hands, so No Worries!!!
When you're older we'll watch the Lion King together, in the meantime, this song's for you, Maddie!

I love you, precious!

[Editor's Note: Video removed because original YouTube poster violated copyright. Sorry everyone.]

No comments:

Post a Comment