Friday, March 4, 2011

Three Little Birds...

Dear Beautiful Maddie,

Hey there sweetie! I just got home from seeing you tonight. And you showed your fire tonight. You were so pissed off at those doctors, and I don't blame you! Those stinkers wouldn't let you eat, and you were so hungry! Your daddy and I tried to calm you as much as we could, but let's face it when someone is hungry, the solution is to eat!

Now, I used to sing well, but I'm afraid that my singing abilities have deteriorated over the years. So when I tried singing to you, well, it wasn't always a good thing, I guess. First, I tried singing the Grey's Anatomy song. But, even though I'm a Grey's fan too, apparently I don't know the song. I was only able to remember about 10 seconds of it, and was singing it over and over. Well, that just didn't seem to work for you. Then daddy put the Lullaby channel from Pandora on, and guess what came on? The children's version of Bob Marley's Three Little Birds. So I started to sing that song, since I actually know the words and tune. That did seem to help you calm down for a little while. Since you seemed to like that song, I wanted to introduce you to the real version of it, the original Bob Marley version. One day you'll grow to love it more than the kids' version. I promise. Here it is sweetie!



I was thrilled that I was able to hold you again tonight! And was so happy that holding you seemed to help you feel better for a while. I hope you're feeling all better really soon and those stinky docs let you eat as much as you want!!

Love and kisses,
Aunt Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment